Get Martina Tierney's Seating Handbook FREE (RRP $27.95)
This practical guide to seating is written by Martina Tierney, OT, and used in academia, in clinical practice and with caregivers around the world to guide their practices around specialist seating.
The handbook contains:
- Providing practical tips on performing seating assessments.
- Your go-to guide for supporting various spinal presentations.
- An extended guide to seating bariatric and paediatric patients.
- Information on the new staging guidelines for pressure injuries.
- Expanded, detailed patient case studies.
- Posted free to your address
Get Your FREE Handbook
Training With Your Team
WITH RESEARCH & CLINICAL EVIDENCE ON THE BENEFIT OF CLINICAL SEATING
We will come to your team meeting or venue of choice!
If you are looking for further Education on the benefits of clinical seating where you will learn about the importance of seating and how it can impact a client’s posture, pressure care or function, why not book some training with your team!
During this session we will present the research conducted by Ulster University and Seating Matters. We will provide evidence based solutions for seating people with different physical conditions including scoliosis, kyphosis, pelvic obliquities, fixed and flexible contractures, tight hamstrings and other major causes for concern in seating.
- Participants will be more aware of the importance of seating and how it can impact a client’s posture, pressure care or function
- Receive an update on clinical research by Ulster University
- Bring along your difficult case studies to consult with the Seating Specialist and identify possible solutions
- Try the Seating Matters chairs for yourself
- Free refreshments provided
- Free CPD Certificate for attendance for Continuing Education
- Free learning resources including your copy of The Clinician’s Seating Handbook by Martina Tierney OT worth $27.95
Not only can you bring along your difficult case studies to consult with a Seating Specialist to help identify possible solutions, you will also be able to try the Seating Matters chairs for yourself and be provided with a CPD Certificate of attendance for Continuing Education.
Book Training With Your Team
We offer a 7 year frame warranty and 1 year on all parts and fabrics.
Following our research with Ulster University it was evident that pressure management was not only about the cushion. The use of tilt in space is vital to achieve maximum pressure redistribution. The Seating Matters chairs are the only chairs with 45o tilt option which is the optimum position to off load the ITs and redistribute pressure.
This memory foam and Dartex combination give a medium to high pressure redistribution, however in order to achieve maximum pressure management in a chair, The Four Principals of Pressure Management in Seating are recommended. By using these principals, high or maximum pressure redistribution can be achieved:
- Load the Body
- Provide Postural Support
- Effective Repositioning (every two hours)
- Use an Appropriate Surface
Yes. Please contact us directly to discuss or fill in the Book A FREE Chair Trial section at the bottom of each page.
We cover all states in Australia.
Yes, we have had multiple Seating Matters chairs funded by the NDIS and through Home Care packages.
Please contact us to discuss. It is dependable on what location you are in.
Yes we do offer multiple chair colour options for most of our Seating Matters range.
For the Milano, for single purchases we only have one standard colour. For facility fit outs and bulk purchases of the Milano, please contact us to discuss.
Please contact us directly to discuss what colour options are available for which chairs.
Most orders are despatched within 1 week of order. We will notify you if there is going to be a delay on that.