SEATING MATTERS ONLINE ACADEMY
We are excited to launch the Seating Matters Online Academy.
– A completely FREE Resource for clinicians to learn from anywhere.
– This Online Academy will include weekly webinars from our wonderful Seating Matters clinical team.
– We have always aimed to educate as many fellow clinicians as possible in order to improve the
quality of lives for patients, but unfortunately Covid-19 has resulted in our
training sessions being postponed/cancelled.
– Episodes 1-6 have now been published to share with your colleagues, no registration required.
We hope that our Online Academy will be a helpful resource during this time.
Click The Below Button to View Episodes 1-6
Have you already registered for the Online Academy?
Would you like to register for the Online Academy?
Get Martina Tierney's - The Clinician's Seating Handbook PDF - FREE (RRP $27.95)
Request a FREE copy of The Clinician’s Seating Handbook today.
Martina Tierney OT's famous Handbook, used the world over, is an essential clinical resource that contains advice and clinical research to assist you in the prescription and use of specialist, therapeutic seating. The PDF handbook contains:
- Over 100 pages.
- Provides practical tips on performing seating assessments.
- Your go-to guide for supporting various spinal presentations.
- An extended guide to seating bariatric and paediatric patients.
- Information on the new staging guidelines for pressure injuries.
- Expanded, detailed patient case studies.
The Clinician’s Seating Handbook is used in academia, in clinical practice and with caregivers around the world to guide their practices around specialist seating. This useful resource is designed as an accessible, practical guide to enable you to improve patient care through specialist seating.
The Clinician’s Seating Handbook is a PDF Download. The PDF download link will be emailed to you.
Click on the below images to review some of the pages from the Handbook:
Training With Your Team
WITH RESEARCH & CLINICAL EVIDENCE ON THE BENEFIT OF CLINICAL SEATING
We will conduct a 1 hour education session virtually or in-house at a time that suits your team
If you are looking for further Education on the benefits of clinical seating where you will learn about the importance of seating and how it can impact a client’s posture, pressure care or function, why not book some training with your team!
During this session we will present the research conducted by Ulster University and Seating Matters. We will provide evidence based solutions for seating people with different physical conditions including scoliosis, kyphosis, pelvic obliquities, fixed and flexible contractures, tight hamstrings and other major causes for concern in seating.
- Participants will be more aware of the importance of seating and how it can impact a client’s posture, pressure care or function
- Receive an update on clinical research by Ulster University
- Bring along your difficult case studies to consult with the Seating Specialist and identify possible solutions
- Free CPD Certificate for attendance for Continuing Education
- Free learning resources including a PDF copy of The Clinician’s Seating Handbook by Martina Tierney OT worth $27.95
please fill in the details on the form and we will be in contact shortly to organise your session:
We offer a 7 year frame warranty and 1 year on all parts and fabrics.
Following our research with Ulster University it was evident that pressure management was not only about the cushion. The use of tilt in space is vital to achieve maximum pressure redistribution. The Seating Matters chairs are the only chairs with 45o tilt option which is the optimum position to off load the ITs and redistribute pressure.
This memory foam and Dartex combination give a medium to high pressure redistribution, however in order to achieve maximum pressure management in a chair, The Four Principals of Pressure Management in Seating are recommended. By using these principals, high or maximum pressure redistribution can be achieved:
- Load the Body
- Provide Postural Support
- Effective Repositioning (every two hours)
- Use an Appropriate Surface
Yes. Please contact us directly to discuss or fill in the Book A FREE Chair Trial section at the bottom of each page.
We cover all states in Australia.
Yes, we have had multiple Seating Matters chairs funded by the NDIS and through Home Care packages.
Please contact us to discuss. It is dependable on what location you are in.
Yes we do offer multiple chair colour options for most of our Seating Matters range.
For the Milano, for single purchases we only have one standard colour. For facility fit outs and bulk purchases of the Milano, please contact us to discuss.
Please contact us directly to discuss what colour options are available for which chairs.
Majority of our standard chairs can be shipped within 3-5 business days but if your chair requires any customisation, this lead time may be extended.